Original topic:

How can I Downgrade My Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G to Android 12?

(Topic created: 07-07-2024 03:44 PM)
abirahemmed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I've been using the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G for about a year. Recently, the left side of my phone's display turned white without any apparent reason. I suspect the issue might be related to the recent Android 14 update.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 003357.png

Could anyone guide me on how to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to Android 12?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Abir Ahemmed

12 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Don't think it's possible to downgrade android version would seem it would go back with updates
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's hardware issue. Downgrading won't fix it
Katsuya20102010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Definitely not hardware issue because my screen is the same as this guy photo and mine on the right top. And it happen within 5min after i updated the UI 6.1

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It's a hardware issue. Same as the green line issue. The reason it appears after an update is because heat can trigger the hardware defect, and the device gets very warm during an update. These display issues have been well documented over the last couple of years. Downgrading the software will not fix it
noahdavi1331
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
You can't downgrade the software after you update to Android 14 because Samsung updated their Security Policy
Katsuya20102010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, im having the exact same problem after i updated to UI 6.1 just moment ago. There's a green bar on top of my screen and my screen appear to have many line. Samsung please fix this a.s.a.p and dont tell me its my screen problem because this problem appear just after i update the software and my phone is well care and never drop before.

abirahemmed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Same here, It Happened when I updated my phone to UI 6.1.

abirahemmed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I believe Samsung creates these issues intentionally, pushing us to buy new phones. If these problems didn't occur, people would use their phones for a longer time, leading to a loss in Samsung's market.

skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I totally agree