Original topic:

How can I change the date format?

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 01:54 PM)
e8013585
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello

Is it possible to change date & time format? Currently it is saying Monday, February 26, 2024 but I want to change it to 2024-02-26 however I couldn't find any options about that. When I was using an iPhone I would easily do that in the settings but couldn't find any option like that in my S22u.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a short date format and long date format. In Canada, while the long date format is in DOW, month day, year, the short date format is YYYY-MM-DD.

PROCEDURE
Settings > General Management > Language > Add Language > English > Canada > Set as Default
(You may need to tap on All Languages in the Add Language screen to show all dialects.)

View solution in context

3 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
The last time that a date format option appeared was back in Android 5.0.2 with the Galaxy S6, you know.4-ways-clean-up-status-bar-your-galaxy-s6-without-rooting.w1456_1000022339_1708986036.jpg
Solution
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a short date format and long date format. In Canada, while the long date format is in DOW, month day, year, the short date format is YYYY-MM-DD.

PROCEDURE
Settings > General Management > Language > Add Language > English > Canada > Set as Default
(You may need to tap on All Languages in the Add Language screen to show all dialects.)
e8013585
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks.
0 Likes