JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I connect my new s22 ultra with my old iPhone's lightening cable?

(Topic created: 01-22-2023 02:12 PM)
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

I am trying to some sort of adapter or cable to connect my iPhone 7 lightening cable to my S22 Ultra's cable so I can by the correct adapter or connector or whatever it is called.   I need it to transfer all compatible data from my iPhone 7 to my brand new s22 ultra through Samsung's Smart Switch.   I have wirelessly transferred some through my icloud,  but there's a lot of stuff that can't be transferred wirelessly. 

I am not having much luck. 

Any help and/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

12 Replies
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
A Micro USB-C doesn't exist. And yes, the ultra will come with a USB-C cable in the box. You'd need a lightning to usbc adapter to connect your s22 ultra to your iPhone. But I'm really not sure it will even work. Try finding some videos on YouTube. But the cable is just USB-C, not micro USB
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for taking the time to respond! 

May I ask why you don't think it will work?

Where can I find the lightening to USB C adapter? 

I spent like 10 hours just yesterday,  (so many more on other days),  and watched a bunch of YouTube videos.   A few mentioned the adapter I think you are talking about, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Tried talking to Samsung, but the people I spoke with were not any help.  Samsung's website even mentions a smart switch adapter, but they didn't know what I was talking about or where to get one.  You would think they would sell something that they made called a Samsung smart switch adapter.   

Any suggestions on how to move my data over?

Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll try and figure this out for you, I'll respond again in an hour or so.
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you so very much!!

SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Forgot to respond, my bad. Hope your issue is resolved now though.
0 Likes
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

No worries.  Not resolved. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@NC4 The easiest solution is a lightning to USB C cable like this https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MQGJ2AM-A-Lightning-USB-C/dp/B07CMN7DCX 

NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

@LongHiker 

Thank you so much for the link and for what seems so simple.  I can't believe that Samsung didn't know about that!! 

So the ends of this cable connects directly into each phone?   So I don't need some kind of adapter to connect my iPhone lightening cable to my Samsung galaxy s22? 

This cable can be used to transfer data?  

Do I use smart switch?   Apple doesn't have a Samsung smart switch app.

Thank you LongHiker!!

0 Likes
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

@LongHiker 

Does the cable you provided a link to have to be an Apple product? 

What does 1m mean?  If that the length of the cable?

I remember seeing different numbers like 1.0, 1.5, etc.

Thank you! 

0 Likes