Original topic:

How to delete contacts from texts?

(Topic created: Monday)
Blue92
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

How can I delete contacts in messaging that were deleted from my phone as contacts? It is quite annoying that they are still available when I do not associate with them anymore. 

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Just delete the messages.  The messaging apps and phone use the same contacts database.  The phone pulls your contacts from all sources where you have them (SIM, phone, Samsung Account), unless you specify otherwise.  Your contacts back up to Google, but don't delete from Google just because you delete them from your phone (unless you were using Google as your sole contact database).  So, check contacts/google.com and delete any old contacts from there.  Then any messages you have saved will only show the phone number, not name.  If you don't need to save the conversations, you should just delete them  If you still want the conversations, but don't want to see them and are using Google messages, you can archive them.  Then they are out of sight out of mind, but still there for reference.

0 Likes
Blue92
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you. I need to check Google
0 Likes
Blue92
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
When I send a text contacts I deleted are still on the list and some people listed 2 or 3 times. How can I delete them?
0 Likes