JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Internet issue when listening to YouTube (stops playing audio, "Back online" message)

(Topic created: 03-16-2023 01:30 PM)
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

On my S22 Ultra, when listening to YouTube music and the phone screen is locked laying on my table every now and then the music will stop I'll go to the phone unlock the screen and as soon as I do a green banner on the bottom says "back online" I hit play on YouTube and it starts to play again anybody had this happen? Or have any suggestions for a fix?

4 Replies
lauthefirst
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe YouTube is going to sleep. Try going to the battery settings and set YouTube to never sleep to see if that resolves your problem.
0 Likes
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Good 5hoight 5hanks for the suggestion, I double checked and YouTube is under the never sleeping apps, and after trying different music apps it does it the same way, it's like the phone looses connection with the internet, but thanks for the suggestion
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Pep1286, thank you for reaching out. I can certainly see how annoying it is to have to press play constantly when tryign to listen to things on YouTube in the background. If the apps in question are not being put to sleep, and they are all giving you connection errors, it is likely a connection issue. You would have to reach out to your carrier if it's through mobile data. For Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting, there is this: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

You can also try clearing your device's cache partition, which can help smooth out device behavior, using these steps: 
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

The last troubleshooting I would attempt is with a factory reset. Make sure to back up everything per the guide, and follow the steps carefully: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

0 Likes