JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to change messaging apps and transfer all messages to the new app?

(Topic created: Saturday)
Mack50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I have two messaging apps on my Galaxy S22 (probably transferred from old phones).  They are both  called Messages.  The one I am using has solid white background with a two tone blue text bubble.  The other one that I am not using has a solid blue background with a white text bubble with three dots.  I want to switch to the the text messaging app with the solid blue background with a white text bubble with three dots.

Several answers I found were to just change the default text messaging app. and the new default app will have all your messages from the first app.  One person said he tried this and lost all his messages.

I've search for this topic but have not found an answer I am comfortable with since some say I may loose my text messages completely if I try to switch.  I'm hoping that someone here can give me a correct and safe way of doing this.

I have my messages backed up on Google and have a backup on my computer (Samsung Smart Switch).

Thank you very much for your help.

11 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think the messages will carry over when you switch didn't seem to when I did on mine
0 Likes
Mack50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

My thanks to all who replied.  My questions were answered.

0 Likes