Original topic:

July Update Broke Samsung S22 Plus, Service center reinstall of Software does not work

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I installed the latest security update July,2024 on 28th july and it has caused excessive heating to a point that the phone starts to discharge while on charging and goes to 0 percent battery within 30 mins. I have done the following the fix the issue:-

1. Factory reset

2. Hard factory reset 

3. Went to the service center and go the office software reinstalled by the service center

Their official response being that they cannot do anything more as the issue is with the update and Samsung will have to fix them.

Can the samsung software update team please fix the issue as it has caused S22 plus to become un-usable.

14 Replies
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Received a call from Samsung and they asked for Error report from Samsung Members app. If you are having the same issue, please do send error reports through Samsung members app. The rep told me that they will revert back once going through the error report.

meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
There are fixes for the ui 6.1 issues expected in the August update it may fix what you are going through
0 Likes
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Till then the phone is unusable, Samsung needs to fix this ASAP.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Hopefully will make it to the August update and should get some fixes they been working on it
0 Likes
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I haven't recieved the august update as of now.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Not recieved mine yet either should be soon
0 Likes
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Any progress on august update ?

0 Likes
CD26
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I connected to a password secured WiFi last weekend and the phone was frequently rebooting to a point that whatsapp data got wiped off. I updated to one UI 6.1 but still no improvement. Showed to service centre and they installed the 6.1 software again saying could be some bug or you may have not updated the apps before installing new UI. Even after installing new UI from service centre, certain apps are not functioning viz. YouTube!!!. Hopefully samsung realises this or we should be ready to buy a new phone!!

0 Likes
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

This is not acceptable at all. Software issues need to be fixed ASAP.  Submit error report if you can. 

0 Likes