Original topic:

Keyboard Jumping on Samsung S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 04:42 AM)
hassan08
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Samsung Team

We have a messaging application that is behaving in a weird way with the Samsung Keyboard on S22 ultra. The device is on OneUI 5.0 and Android 13.

When we press the space bar with a lot of text already typed, it scrolls to the bottom. The cursor remains where it is.  This is very annoying for us and does not happen on any other Samsung phones. It does not even occur on the Swiftkey keyboard or GBoard. 

20 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Unlocked S22 Ultra I have no issues here whatsoever so you shouldn't be saying we or us
Members_Q5Jln9G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Other people ARE having this issue, so the use of "we" is correct. 

NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you write the developer of the app?
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Perhaps tell everyone what messaging app, so someone can test
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Does it also happen when you're typing something in Google or surfing to the internet? 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, could you let us know what messaging application you're using?
submit an error report on SSM after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
mtnagel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm suddenly seeing this as well.  I have an S22 that was recently updated to One UI 5.  I thought it was something with Brave browser, but I see the same behavior in Edge.  I'm noticing it in the text box on forums like homebrewtalk.com.  I'll start typing and then it will suddenly add in a bunch of returns and it will get really jumpy and make it difficult to type and select text.  And if I click and hold and click select all, it will select all the text in the entire page, not just the text box as expected and what it would do before.  No issues with with Gboard or other apps like message or gmail.  I've only noticed it in text boxes in Edge and Brave.  It doesn't seem to happen in Chrome.

NTCNotebook
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I also have this issue no matter what site in browser or app.
PatFenceroy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have that problem on the s22 on Simple Notepad app.