Original topic:

Microphone stopped working after new update S22+

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userWFJwYCP4FE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

S22+ new update caused my :microphone: to stop working. I tried to record an audio note and it says I can't use the mic while in a call...I'm not in a call, I'm in messages texting. Was doing a live and nothing was heard, tried making a video in camera and the error message is that I can't do that while in a call, i was not on a call. Tried doing diagnostics on the phone and it said camera is being used by another app...if I can't use the mic to make a video or audio note where am I using it? How can this be fixed? 

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
That is definitely something you need to contact Samsung customer support about. That is an actual defect it sounds like, you may have to use a different phone though.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userWFJwYCP4FE What troubleshooting steps have you done?

Try a reboot. Often this clears a weird issue. 

Boot into safe mode. If the microphone works properly while booted in safe mode, you know that it is caused by a 3rd party app. To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/  

userWFJwYCP4FE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for the assist. I saw a green dot at the top right of the screen and it was zoom using the microphone even though I was not using zoom
0 Likes