Original topic:

Need more personal settings

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 10:37 AM)
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm all about being able to personalize my phone when I pick it up and I see it I like it I bought from Samsung the icons the peanut icons cute love it they're yellow icons I put a picture of my grandpuppy on my lock screen and my home screen The clock is white letters My grandpuppy picture is in snow white on white doesn't work no setting for me to be able to actually change the color of the clock what kind of **bleep** is that I can make a block darker around it so I can see it but I can't actually change the color of the clock what's that all about really Samsung? Also I have a S22 plus an option that's not there to choose from....? 

10 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

long press on the clock widget > settings (gear icon) > scroll down slightly and adjust the slider on the white/black option to change the white to black or vice versa.

cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
That controls the back part of it like you want to darken it around the actual numbers so that you can see it better but that changes the whole picture when your personalizing your picture on the screen you want it to be the picture and you just want the clock to be showing or the date or whatever else you want on there I don't understand why you can't change the color of the numbers that is so basic to me I mean why can't you change it according to what you have on your screen why personalize your screen if you can't change the colors or the of the numbers to me it's a no-brainer but I wish they would really add that feature
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I use the analog clock widget and the clock face changes from white to black and everything in between. odd that isn't available for the digital widget.

0 Likes
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an s 22 plus and yeah it is odd I can use that to darken or lighten the color around it so I can see it better or I can do it dark mode or light mode but that's it I can change the clock to analog or digital but that's it and it kind of ruins the whole point of being able to personalize your screen which is an awesome feature but if you can't change the color of the numbers on the clock it can ruin a picture that you have on your screen like I said white numbers on snow which is white doesn't work now my lock screen there's a clock and that's yellow for some reason but yet my home screen it's white and I can't change it now how weird is that The phone recognizes that I applied those icons I bought and they're yellow so the lock screen clock is yellow yet when I go to the home screen the clock is white now to me that's a glitch something's not right My phone's not quite recognizing or doing all that it should what do you think?
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

download the Google clock app from the Play Store and see if that might work for you

cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You know I'm going to try and see if I go to analog if I can change it to different colors cuz I didn't see that option but I don't do analog that much I will try that thank you and I'll also try the other one
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

the native analog clock widget only moves along the spectrum from white to black...no different colors

0 Likes
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh ok still that should be a basic feature that you should be able to do especially if you're able to personalize your screens to whatever picture you want I think that's a big oops on Samsung's part I wish they'd fix it and like I said lock screens yellow so it recognizes that I purchased those icons which are yellow but the home screen clock isn't I think that's a glitch
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

might even be an oversight on Samsung's part. or stubborn design decision. šŸ¤”