JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My S22 only detects service while connected to my Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 06-10-2023 07:22 PM)
Jenn_thehuman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

My samsung galaxy s22 ultra will only detect service if my wifi is on and connected. It will show full bars, but as soon as i disconnect from wifi all the bars dissappear and it says searching for service. Anyone else have this issue?

4 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
There's a nearby tower but it's not for your carrier. I'm not sure why that recently started showing for me also, but you should get service in other places.
crig
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My wife and I are having same issues so when we aren't home we have mo wifi
0 Likes
BellaOfTheBayou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried all of the recommended steps listed for troubleshooting this issue and as the last ditch effort to fix this problem, I even took it to the att store and got a new sim card in case the old one was corrupted and it made the problem worse. No one has been able to identify the problem or find the solution, but I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of people on various forums that are having the same problem across the different service providers/carriers
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

This does sound frustrating to deal with not being able to connect to your service outside Wi-Fi. We appreciate you sharing this concern with us. We have a few things for you to try to see if we can fix this matter in the settings. If not, Service would be the next option. Check out the link here. I understand some of you have attempted the troubleshooting steps. If they do not work, there is a link to contact a service center. If any of you have any further questions. Feel free to send one of the moderators a private message. You can do that by clicking on our profile and selecting "Send Private Message."