Original topic:

My S22 won't play WAV files

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 04:31 PM)
MGeary13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 won't play my .wav files, but my "old' S10 did. Very frustrating. Why?

6 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Wav files were released in August of 1991. Developed by IBM and Microsoft, these audio files are uncompressed and take considerable storage space. Since then mp3 files have come along. Since they take less storage space and retain the same level of audio quality, they have since become the preferred standard.
MGeary13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for your post, but it didn't answer my question. Are WAV files now incompatible with Samsung Music? Do I need to convert all my WAV files to ,mp3?
Solution
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

On newer Samsung phones. It no longer have the codecs for WAV files to be able to play it. Instead convert your music to MP3. 

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. And yes.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Just download a different media player for your wav files, for instance VLC supports every file type under the sun, it should be able to run your stuff no problem
CrossRoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
DEFINITELY download VLC media player (on your phone and on your computer). It's BY FAR the best player in terms of codecs - if VLC can't play something, that file is almost certainly some proprietary thing that you need a specific company's software for.