JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Update 11/05/2022

(Topic created: 11-05-2022 07:14 PM)
Dual
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Got a new update for my S22 ultra, it's junk. All My photos went missing, I do have them backed up. 
All the customization of my apps from edge light and notification tones changed. Can't seem to change them back to what I had or change them at all for that matter. So far not happy, I'm all for trying something new. Just seems like this got rid of all the things I enjoyed. 
Hope this gets fixed soon. Or please send me back to the old update. 
4 Replies
JacksonRyder123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You most likely forgot to backup your data through samsung from your old phone.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
They got a new update, not a new phone lol
userRrs7ktG6Tv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine did the sane thing. Looking for answers
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your update changing certain features on your device. There are a few troubleshooting steps we recommend after a software update:

1. I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

Next step would be to check your Samsung Gallery app to make sure all the pictures didn't end up in the trash in the Gallery app.

Last step would be to factory reset your device after backing up the software: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after a factory reset, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864, so they can remote into your device and see if they are able to locate your photos.

0 Likes