Original topic:

No service or data after software update

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 04:08 PM)
userqaXpfzaw0A
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an S22 ultra with Att. I have had nothing but problems since my phone updated back in December. Has anyone else with an s22 had non stop service and data issues ? They released a patch to the software update and it supposedly fixed a number of phones. However I guess I was part of the unlucky few whos phone weren't fixed. The latest update in March seemed to help for a few days, however my phone left me stranded in the middle of Chicago today. I'm about done with these phones.  Doesn't seem like att or Samsung wants to do anything. Unfortunately when I started having issuees my top of the line 1200 dollar Samsung phone it was 12.5 months old. Conveniently just over the warranty period. So my choices are to pay for repairs, file insurance claim and hope the refurbished phone doesn't have the same issues, or pay off this phone that doesn't work just to start a new phone lease. 

Sorry for the rant but is this not ridiculous.. i could see if there was something that I did but their software update took our alot of s22 family phones. So I've heard from att. Then I contacted Samsung got transferred to their text message line smh. They stated they have no known issues between s22 phones and software update??? Really 

5 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Looking at samsung euro it appears, one owner traced it to faulty antenna cable. Got it replaced and it's working.

Might try reflashing the phone with the latest samsung firmware for your phone in case it is a software issue.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
GinjaNinja77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My 22 ultra was locked out due to a mother board malfunction. I've also had enough of Samsung. Good luck.
0 Likes
jennj5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having connection issues as well.  Texts and calls will not go through when using WiFi.  It's sporadic so impossible to duplicate and if I shut off wifi it seems to work.   I have no idea I don't have service as it's affecting incoming calls and texts too.  And in other news - my notifications aren't always notifying - phone doesn't ring/vibrate or light up when I have incoming calls/texts.  This combined with my television/comcast issue has me considering the apple alternative.

kerrid
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
I have had this problem on A25 since the last update on 4/1. It randomly disconnects from service. I have been told by many Samsung support techs that my only option is to send it in for repair and have no phone for 2 to 3 weeks. Mine is under warranty. They will not check if it is a programming issue first. I can't 100% say for sure, but it is either coincidence or the last update. I know it's frustrating.
0 Likes
Catcaty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried almost every solutions suggested by samsung or my carrier (even a factory reset--I know it won't work because it is a software problem, a reset cannot reset  the software update) and contacted Samsung and even posted the issue here. Samsung did not reply to me. I have two sim cards and after the software update, I cannot use their data anymore. I put the sim cards on a Nokia and Google Pixel. Both sim cards work without any issue. The first time when I called Samsung, I was told to trade-in my phone as the warranty expired. They said because my phone is not a US version, Samsung US cannot help. They are irresponsible to say that. My phone used to work well, but it does not work well anymore because of the SAMSUNG software. I'm not going to pay to fix the phone because it was caused by SAMSUNG's software update. I am very disappointed and I am planning to file a compliant to the Federal Communications Commission if I do not hear back from them this week.

0 Likes