JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone died at 5%

(Topic created: 03-25-2022 08:30 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22

I let my phone get down to around 5%, I got the 5% warning and the phone just died. Causes? Solutions? Or is my S22 ultra a dud? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

It is either a protection that Samsung employed in this device, or the phone's battery percentage estimator isn't calibrated. So after your phone shut off at 5% and when you plugged it back in, did the percentage show 0% or 5%?

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

It is either a protection that Samsung employed in this device, or the phone's battery percentage estimator isn't calibrated. So after your phone shut off at 5% and when you plugged it back in, did the percentage show 0% or 5%?

Options
Galaxy S22
It showed 0%
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Then it is most likely a calibration issue. Search online on how to calibrate smartphone battery.

Options
Galaxy S22
Ok, thank you!
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
If you had an emergency your phone would be nothing when it can save your life....that's why I don't believe in leaving it to die just to know how long it lasts.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, I don't do that often, I was just curious.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay 😲😲😲🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

that drain at last 5% is known issue. Samsung guided users to visit service center to have battery re-seated or and installed with some jig (I can't remember the full description, but I recall that visiting the authorized repair center was the answer provided).

Back up the phone first 'cause someone said that this route results in factory resetting, not sure if that's true since I don't know the details as well.