JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Photos turn blurry immediately after taking them

(Topic created: 03-16-2022 08:44 PM)
ToriV1976
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and have been having issues with my photos turning blurry immediately after snapping them. The moment after taking a photo it looks fine, but then turns blurry a second later. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong? I've been taking photos on my Samsung phones for years and never had this issue before. I've attached a screen record to show what I'm talking about. I can't get a clear photo for the life of me! Actually out of every 10 photos or so I MIGHT get one or two that doesn't turn into a big blur immediately after taking it. Please someone help!! https://photos.app.goo.gl/G4sU84YwXBR2T4fd6 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

@userx0JuNkQD2w is correct. Clearing Cache, Factory data reset is really the only troubleshooting related to this type of symptom. Also, make sure that this is happening on your stock camera application, and not one within a third-party application (such as Facebook, Instagram),  If the image is still blurry in the stock camera, this will be a tell-tell sign that this is an issue with the phone itself.   

If the symptoms persist, the unit may require service. You can go to a local walk-in repair center such as UbreakiFix or reach out to one of our may support lines for support

Live Chat

Facebook

Twitter

View solution in context

6 Replies
userx0JuNkQD2w
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
People have suggested to wipe cache on the camera app or doing a complete factory reset you should probably try it and see good luck.
0 Likes
schulrog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Looks like it's getting down scaled. Have u tried upping the quality
0 Likes
Taylor423
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This is so frustrating because I thought the S22 camera would be better than my S10. Both have had this issue, and the S22 camera is not noticeably better. Both lack clarity compared to Iphone and Pixel. The image never saves as clearly as it appears when being taken - this applied to my S10 and now the S22 also.
userc1CN3BMhsE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My wifes s22 keeps having the same issue just wondering if you found a fix for it? 

RadianWear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the exact same issue, its terrible. This is not normal, there is some sort of post processing going on. Factory reset is a BS solution, this is a brand new phone out of the box.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

@userx0JuNkQD2w is correct. Clearing Cache, Factory data reset is really the only troubleshooting related to this type of symptom. Also, make sure that this is happening on your stock camera application, and not one within a third-party application (such as Facebook, Instagram),  If the image is still blurry in the stock camera, this will be a tell-tell sign that this is an issue with the phone itself.   

If the symptoms persist, the unit may require service. You can go to a local walk-in repair center such as UbreakiFix or reach out to one of our may support lines for support

Live Chat

Facebook

Twitter