JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RECENT folder in gallery are not in date order

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 12:48 AM)
FLICK1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

In the RECENT folder in the gallery, the pictures and videos are not in date order.  When I tap on the 3 dots, top right corner, it first give me the option to "sort" as the other folders do! Any advice on how to rectify this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@FLICK1 FYI, the Recent folder is not a real folder simply a view of photos. The contents of the Recent folder are determined by an algorithm and the photos actually exist in their home folder. Photos are not duplicated in the Recent folder, simply shown their by the algorithm for convenience. The photos exist only in their original folder. 

Since the contents are algorithm based, there is no ability to sort the view. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Ethy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I got bothered by the lack of date sorting in the recent folder as well. So I just hide the album and use the camera or other folders to sort by date.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@FLICK1 FYI, the Recent folder is not a real folder simply a view of photos. The contents of the Recent folder are determined by an algorithm and the photos actually exist in their home folder. Photos are not duplicated in the Recent folder, simply shown their by the algorithm for convenience. The photos exist only in their original folder. 

Since the contents are algorithm based, there is no ability to sort the view.