Request for change of national information

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 11:16 PM)
iNiloowf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Absolutely! Here's a draft for a post addressing the issue:

:police_car_light: Urgent Assistance Needed! :police_car_light:

:globe_showing_europe_africa: From Emirates to Canada: Phone Region Woes :canada:

Hey everyone,

I recently moved to Canada from Iran, and I'm facing a major issue with my phone. Despite multiple attempts and reaching out to support, I'm still unable to change the region on my phone from Emirates to Canada. It's been a month, and I'm unable to add my bank card or even trade my phone here. This has been incredibly frustrating, and after five attempts at getting assistance, there hasn't been any resolution.

I rely on my phone for so many things, and not being able to use it properly in my new home is a real setback. I'm considering sending it in for fixing if the issue persists because I really need my phone to function properly in Canada.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem when changing regions on their phone? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It's disheartening to experience such hurdles, especially when transitioning to a new country. If this issue isn't resolved soon, I might have to reconsider my choice of devices due to the lack of support.

Your insights or guidance on how to tackle this would be a huge help! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. 🙏

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You will find more success posting your issue in the Canadian Samsung Community.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/bd-p/ca-community-sp-gs?page=1&tab=recent_topics

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You will find more success posting your issue in the Canadian Samsung Community.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/bd-p/ca-community-sp-gs?page=1&tab=recent_topics
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
What is your model number?
0 Likes
iNiloowf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It is S22+

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I am asking about the regionally designated model number (model name), starting with SM-S9... More important is the fifth letter after SM-.
0 Likes
iNiloowf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It is SM-S906E/DS.

😞 I can't even trade my phone in Canada! When I insert the serial number and IMEI in the Samsung website, they not recognise my phone!

0 Likes