JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22/S22+/S22 Ultra Camera Lag is Horrible!

(Topic created: 03-27-2022 01:09 PM)
JoeFromKokomo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

At least a 1-1.5 secong lag time on shots is Horrible!  Unacceptable.

I tried several times yesterday to take a zoom shot of two hummingbirds in my backyard. 15-20X zoom. Hummingbirds were visible several times, flitting from flower to flower. 

Each time they were in frame, I took a shot, hoping for even one good shot. But, always a one second or longer lag before the shutter clicks.

Not one single successful shot after 15 tries. I gave up. 

Samsung S22 Dev Team - FIX THIS ISSUE!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe try this.
1 - In settings for the camera, find reset settings.
2 - In phone settings, Find Apps/ Camera. Then try and clear the cache/data. ( not sure if it'll delete photos/ videos so save them to your PC first)
3 - Try the Camera in Safe Mode.
4 - Google how to clear cache in recovery.
5 - Factory Reset.

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I guess it' s the phone.
But these are the basic trouble shooting steps. To help rule out anything else.

Good luck!

View solution in context

6 Replies
UtahMonarch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, I am experiencing the same! I have update installed and snapdragon chip. Taking photos of live subjects is horrible. In good outdoor light, I took a photo of my adult son standing still. I pressed the shutter button, he thought the photo had been taken and looked down. The capture was of him looking down, not what I observed when I took the photo. Another had him with eyes closed. Obviously he blinked after he thought I had taken his photo. I had pressed the shutter button but the image captured wasn't what I saw on screen. Landscapes are fantastic but living things are not captured as seen when shutter button pressed. My iPhone is instantaneous so I can recognize the difference. Can this be fixed? I'm afraid to keep beyond my return window for fear I'll be stuck with a poor performing camera. Please address this issue. I've read in one of my groups others who are experiencing the same.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Try Pro-mode up the shutter speed or use burst shot. The main sensor is so slow, the processing is extremely slow.
Take a great macro and shoot super fast got up to S10+, S22Ultra onwards...super slow, lag

Take a picture like this is imposible for the S22Ultra

S10+ Screenshot_20220327-210413_Photos_11106_1648429453.jpg
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe you guys have some setting turned on. It's instant on mine.
0 Likes
JoeFromKokomo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, we can check for that if I knew what setting. Literally havent taken more than 4 dozen pics, no videos. Not aware of any settings issue.

Installed US March 1st update last week. Mine is an S22+. I also installed the RAW app, but haven't used it.

I will check to see if settings are the issue, and if so, will post here.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The problem is the shot processing, it is knowledge.
0 Likes
Solution
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe try this.
1 - In settings for the camera, find reset settings.
2 - In phone settings, Find Apps/ Camera. Then try and clear the cache/data. ( not sure if it'll delete photos/ videos so save them to your PC first)
3 - Try the Camera in Safe Mode.
4 - Google how to clear cache in recovery.
5 - Factory Reset.

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I guess it' s the phone.
But these are the basic trouble shooting steps. To help rule out anything else.

Good luck!