JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Camera Blurry Out the Box

(Topic created: 03-17-2022 07:05 AM)
userN3NshLzPCK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Camera is having issues with focus. It only happens sometimes. Anyone else having this issue? No film covering the lens. Tried different settings.
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
No issues with my wife's S22 or my S22 Ultra

Is the issue in all different shooting modes ? If yes, I'd strongly consider exchanging it
0 Likes
userN3NshLzPCK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Appreciate the feedback. Yes all different shooting modes. Not all the time but definitely not normal that it keeps doing it.
0 Likes
userN3NshLzPCK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Example20220301_201236_7797_1646183556.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
ouch !!

And when you tap the screen to focus, does it focus, or stay out of focus ?
0 Likes
userN3NshLzPCK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
When you tap the screen it only will focus for half a sec and go blurry again. The camera was working earlier. Now back to blurry
0 Likes
cklho818
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine won't let me zoom, I press the 10x zoom and the camera freezes v with an error message Screenshot_20220301-194748_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. These articles contain several troubleshooting steps you can try, including testing the camera in Safe Mode.

Galaxy Phone or Tablet photos and videos are blurry or dark 

Galaxy Phone or Tablet camera does not focus on the subject 

If these steps do not work, you can also try a factory reset. Perform a factory reset on your Galaxy phone 

And don't forget to check to make sure there is no film over the camera. This sometimes gets missed. If this does not help, I recommend letting a service technician have a look. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html.  I do apologize for any inconvenience.