Original topic:

S22 Ultra Smart switch Apps don't cooy

(Topic created: a week ago)
Nutech01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi,
I have a Huawei P30 Pro that I am trying to copy over to a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra.

Is there a way I can copy everything over and the apps be located in the same place on the S22?

Right now when I do this I have only  19 apps that copy over not all of them. I have at 130 apps.

Also is there any concern of me continuing to use the Huawei, considering the last updates that I received was June 2021? The phone is awesome no 5G but it's a great phone.

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
They have a tool that works. I used it before. Forgot the name. Just type smartswitch in their app store. It really works nicely.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I have found that smart switch does not always copy every app over, especially from non-Samsung phones.  When I switched from my S10lite to my A54, not every app carried over, but most of them did (and that was Samsung to Samsung).  I went over my phones app by app and reinstalled the ones I needed/wanted and took the opportunity to not reload apps I had rarely used. 

I think that if an app is not currently up to date, it won't transfer over and some apps might actually need to be installed rather than just copied device to device.

You might try running Smart Switch again and just choosing to move the apps over.  Even if you go through the whole process, it will not overwrite or duplicate anything that was already moved over.

0 Likes