JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra unable to register on Verizon service using the eSim

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 01:40 PM)
userkHtoyrPVqH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ordered an unlocked S22 Ultra phone that shipped directly from Samsung.  The phone could not be connected/registered with the Verizon service using the eSim card.  I worked extensively with Verizon (6 hours) and Samsung (1.5 hours) attempting to resolve the issues. There was no indication that Verizon nor Samsung would solve the problem in the short-term allowing the simultaneous use of both the eSim for Verizon and the physical Sim for local use when traveling to foreign countries.  A solution was offered to add a physical Verizon Sim card which would totally defeat the purpose of having an eSim at all.

This experience with the S2 Ultra has been very disappointing and has not worked for me as advertised.  I am returning the phone and will not reorder until such time as this issue has been clearly resolved.  I am not certain how to even know when this issue is resolved.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Jonzey231
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No it has not been resolved. Verizon is telling me its an issue with Samsung

0 Likes
NavFlyer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I bought 2 S22 Ultras for use in both US and overseas. My wife's phone was activated by eSIM and she has been using it daily. My phone has not been able to be activated by Verizon for reasons not clearly explained to me. I am 3 days into this eSIM problem and spent countless hours on the phone with Samsung and Verizon with no success. Extremely frustrating as my time in the US is coming short and nobody is able to help me to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_iEGwTtg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the exact same issue with my S22 Ultra. I've spent hours with Verizon and Samsung customer service and nobody seems to have any idea that there is an issue. I've gotten everything from, "You just need to wait" to "Oh, eSim isn't supported on S22 with Verizon" to "Your eSim is showing up as a physical sim" and other excuses. Verizon has a promotion for activating your device from a competitor with eSim and my cynical brain says they don't want this to work so they don't have to honor that promotion.

I've tried scanning the QR code with my main camera, but that didn't work for me. If anybody finds a fix, please post it!

0 Likes