JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-23-2022 10:38 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

203 Replies
arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Does anyone know if android auto works with the new S22 Ultra? It was working perfectly fine with my previous phone which was an S20 FE. I'm using the same cable, and shows that the S22 is connected to the car and android auto is working, but the screen on the car is black all around it. I have an aftermarket pioneer 2600nex head unit. Please help 🙏
TiccTacc21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Android Auto worked perfectly fine with my S22 Ultra.
Tonyb831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
No issues here, s22 ultra
arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Mmm, it might be something in the head unit then. Or probably need to change the cable.
0 Likes
TiccTacc21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I would try the cable, or a different port (if you have two). I have an F-150, and sometimes the connection don't work. I have to unplug the cable, and then plug into second port. My connection will then work. Worth a shot.
arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know because it seems to be connected, and Android auto working. It's just the screen all blackout. I have an aftermarket pioneer head unit. I'm gonna try in my other car that has the factory head unit. Thanks
TiccTacc21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I would definitely troubleshoot that way, and the atleast you will know if it's the head unit.
Lrops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue on my S22 Ultra and still working on S20 Ultra...
userJlJOIf7TNf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Not working for me as well. Works fine with my note 20 however I don't get anything on my s22. Seems like a issue with either the phone or firmware or android auto. I have a 2021 Chevy Bolt.
userjDnkLl1Ou3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I also have the same issue with my Pioneer AVH-2440nex head unit. Tried to update firmware on the Pioneer but that did not help