JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not responding to screen taps

(Topic created: 09-19-2022 11:56 AM)
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
My wife's S22 and my S22 ultra often don't respond to a single finger tap to navigate, initiate an action or enter a response. It can be dangerous when operating a vehicle using my phone as a gps. But now I think the root cause it's related to the quality of service. I have poor signal quality at my home so I've been trying different signal boosters. I notice better signal quality gives better screen response to taps of my finger. I have had poor signal quality for 16 years and many different brands of phones but I've never had a problem with the touchscreen not responding properly. I turned in an error report and Samsung says they know about the issue. I hope they prioritize user input when the phone gets busy looking for signal. It will lead to less distractions while operating a vehicle and less frustration while using their flagship phone. I would think the screen working properly would be top priority when releasing new hardware/software
13 Replies
BigdaddyRP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I just received my S22 within the past week and I am experiencing the same touch issues and I do not have a screen protector. 

0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I would return it, mine still has the same issues. I can tap on the screen for 15 seconds sometimes without it acknowledging my input. Like it's busy doing something else. I have never been this disappointed with a phone. It's worse than cheap ones I've had with barely any memory
0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The best solution I have seen thus far is to turn off 5G in mobile network settings. My cell booster in my home is only for LTE signals so I don't need 5G anyway most of the time. I theorize that the phone constantly looking for 5G uses much processing power and slows down the user interface. Maybe there is a way to confirm this with some app but it just seems to be much more responsive without 5G
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the touchscreen of the phone is not responding correctly.

There are some simple ways to get the touchscreen working again when it’s frozen, unresponsive, or acting funny. Here are some troubleshooting steps to assist you with your phone touchscreen issues https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01213974/

If the issue persists after performing the steps, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes