JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ultra got white screen

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 06:56 AM)
Mayank01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
  • Hi users recently my s22 ultra got white screen and I don't know how I was using it in night and when I woke up and told my mom to put it to charge she told me the screens glitched to white ,I was in shock and quickly saw what happened ,note that the phone was never dropped also it had no minor scratches also and being a trusted user I was in shock now I don't know what the issue is and as my phone's out of warranty I will have to pay a lumpy amount to get it fixed. The phone was not on the one ui 6 update it was still working on one ui 5.IMG20231124191426.jpg

 

Anyone facing the same issue?

11 Replies
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had my Galaxy S22 Ultra since day one release and I've not dropped mine or got any scratches on as it is in an Otterbox Defender case. To be honest, I don't know what this is. Could be a wallpaper or a short in a circuit. It could also be something as simple as visibility enhancement accidentally turned on. Maybe check the Grey scale. Can you go anywhere on that phone? Settings? Home screen?
Mayank01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No the screens fully white and I am barely able to see anything on the screen 

Options
Galaxy S22
Yep, me too!
0 Likes
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Another question: Why would you mention it not being on Android 14 One UI 6.0? That would literally have nothing to do with a "white out" screen.
Mayank01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It definitely has many people are facing the same with Android 14 update on their devices

Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Interesting. I haven't seen that. Makes me question whether I should update it when it does hit my phone then.
userRpExGiXVSd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's a known issue right now with the s22 and the update to 6.0
There is no known time frame for a fix either. Search the forum, there's a ton of people with the issue, including myself.
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Crazy. I did not hear about this. I've got like 12 buddies with S23 Ultras and they've all updated with no problems.
user3GWncE5mIY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried a hard reboot?