JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Dex not connecting to Windows PC using USB cable

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:07 PM)
rma153
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My new Galaxy S22 ultra with Samsung Dex is not connecting to Windows PC using USB cable. The only option available is Wireless to PC. My Windows PC recognizes and opens my Galaxy S22 ultra via USB, but Samsung DEX only activates using the  Wireless to PC option (Wireless WiFi is automatically activated and the USB cable becomes  unnecessary). I want to use the USB cable option because I don't have WiFi when I leave my house. Why doesn't the USB cable option for Samsung DEX work on my Galaxy S22 ultra???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userfxzNdWiYTL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I finally get it working.

The problem is that my screen was setup on 'Auto' for the source selection.

When I force it to USB-C input, then it's working.

It wasn't required with muy S21 anyway.

So problem is considered as solve from my hand.

View solution in context

17 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Check Microsoft store for an app update.
0 Likes
rma153
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the latest DEX for Windows PC version installed..

Has anybody tried this yet?

The USB cable connection option to Windows PC  for Samsung DEX is not available  as a set up option on my new Galaxy S22 ultra. Only the Wireless connection option works.

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Galaxy Store, menu and update is top of the menu.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I always fully update everything on all devices so I don't know if that is a problem. I use the USB cable to connect my ultra to windows 11 with the windows 10 dex app on it. It works.

Others mentioned USB/WiFi issues with dex on s22. Try leaving wifi on (just regular wifi enabled not dex wifi connection), open the app on PC, and connect your phone via USB.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Samsung Support,

On my old Note 9, I was able to share WiFi via Hotspot and use USB to run DEX over USB-c to a Portable Monitor. This is no longer possible with your flagship phone as it seems DEX requires WiFi and I must turn off Hotspot. This totally defeats the purpose for me upgrading to this phone as I require this phone to share WiFI while I use a second screen via USB.

Why can older Galaxy's use Dex via USB/HDMI while sharing WiFi and your newest flagship phone with more processing power cannot do the same?

To those in the community, please vote up this post if this is an issue for you.

Hoping this can be resolved via software update very soon.

Many thanks.

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmmm.

My hubby's S21 Ultra and S22 Ultra .. and my S21 and S22 , can all connect using USB ... though we don't do Hotspot
.Screenshot_20220227-234225_Samsung DeX-01_22663_1646026967.jpg
0 Likes
userfxzNdWiYTL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Are using using a direct connection between phone and screen to USB-C to USB-C cable?

This configuration doesn't work on my side.

0 Likes
GodAshram
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
So I tried a few cables/docks I have and noticed this...

Straight usb-c to hdmi cable works 100% of the time.

Docks will pass through power need the power plugged in AND it needs to be a decent power supply that needs to be plugged in before plugging in the dock. Example... I tried a raspberry pi 3 power supply with a micro-USB to USB adapter and reliability was bad... Sometimes I'll have video, other times I wouldn't.
0 Likes
tommt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung your customer service sucks I never been spoken to like I have calling your support I can't believe how rude they were and didn't want to listen to what I was saying I'm very  right now

0 Likes