Original topic:

Should I fix my s22 broken screen or do a trade in for the s24?

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 07:23 AM)
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey, 

My S22 ultra screen broke and the screen is covered with ink and it is also blinking. Fixing it the screen is about 400 dollars at uBreakiFix, while doing trade in for s24 ultra is about 900 dollar with Samsung. I'd like to seek advice from people here on what to do. The phone has passed its warranty year.
15 Replies
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Alright, and thank you. So, you advise doing trade-in and nor repairing the screen
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
That's up to you. I personally would do the trade-in since you said the screen repair was 400.00

Samsung is going to give you 380.00 for trade-in, and you're getting a brand new device. And you just have to pay the 833+ tax

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Samsung_gwvwDvo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have same dilema S22 ultra with crashed screan, screen repair cost around 400 with taxes, trade in for S24 ultra in this moment is like making a jump to 1000, that is 600 over the expected spend.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

My personal philosophy is that if something costs close to or more than half the price of a replacement, get the replacement (exceptions for if you really love something and want to keep it, or the cost of replacement is not in your budget). I'm seeing very many complaints on here about the S24, but I don't have one and can't address that. You might be able to find an S22 (either new, refurbished or used) for about the price of the screen repair but less than the cost of the new S24 with the promotional trade in value.  If you are going to trade in on a promotion, you have to check when the promotion ends, so you get your trade-in in within the promo period.

FWIW, I'm also seeing a lot of complaints about people shipping off their phones for trade-in and Samsung claiming they received an empty box and then charging full price for the replacement. So, if you decide on the trade in, document everything you do in the packing and shipping process.

0 Likes
Demonic_Blaze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
S22u is solid. Keep the s22u.
Blasphemouskell
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Word
0 Likes