Original topic:

Turn Off OS Auto Updates

(Topic created: 08-12-2024 06:23 PM)
JW2425
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a way to keep my Samsung Galaxy S22+ doesn't download the new version of the Operating System for as long as possible? I am a Type 1 diabetic and use an insulin pump. Through the app for the pump I can give myself insulin. They can't update the app quickly enough so every time the new version of the OS comes out, I end up not being able to use the app correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
0 Likes
14 Replies
JW2425
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
UI update. The company usually updates the app at a later date, making one function of the app unusable until that point in time.
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
You cannot turn off automatic OS updates on devices sold in the Americas, not even on Wi-Fi only variants.
0 Likes
blb8080
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I turned off all updates and it still wants to update anyway. My medical device is not compatible with the new update so I need to stop the update. Any ideas?
0 Likes
blb8080
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The update took place beyond my control and I lost the connection to my medical device. This is the reason I bought this phone not that long ago. Icant afford a new phone and I will never buy a Samsung in the future. I should have more control. I had the updates shut off.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

You need to contact the makers of your medical device to see if they will be updating it for the newer operating systems.  This is not on Samsung, it is on the device manufacturer.

0 Likes