Original topic:

Two s22 ultra phone's but one of them won't call area code (402)?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Members_T6UpJrL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have 2 s22 ultras

both are up to date UI 6.1

both on same cellphone plan, same carrier, xfinity, both on same network

One phone will call area code 402 no issues

the other one will not 

receives a message 402 is not within calling area

is it a phone setting issue? i reset settings and still problem

Help. thanks

9 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_T6UpJrL Are you saying that you are dialing with only 7 digits? Omitting the area code? 

Do both phone numbers start with the same first 3 digits? 

0 Likes
Members_T6UpJrL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

im dialing full 10 digits exactly on each phone

one phone connects correctly, the other gets error message

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_T6UpJrL This is probably a configuration error in your carrier's back office. 

0 Likes
Members_T6UpJrL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I called xfinity mobile and they said it must be an incorrect setting in my phone since the identical one works fine...they're both on the same plan, same, network, etc.

so, I doubt its at xfinity and xfinity doubts it too.

My identical second phone works fine.

I suspect its an obscure setting in my phone.

every other area code i call works fine.

So...is my only option to back up and factory reset?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_T6UpJrL You can do that. I would be very surprising if it resolved anything. 

I think that they gave you a number which was previously a landline. Cellphones have never cared about area code that I can remember. But landlines used to allow you to call within your area code by dialing only 7 numbers. 

Are these new phone numbers that you just received? or you have had them a long time and this error just started? 

0 Likes
Members_T6UpJrL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Have had these numbers for 6 years, originally Verizon, then moved to xfinity mobile about 3 years ago. This problem started last week on one phone.

All phone diagnostics check good or normal. Phone works perfectly except when I call the 402 area code. All the other area codes I call are fine. The other phone has no issues.

Typical tech glitch I guess.

Very frustrating

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22
Very weird!
0 Likes
WhiskeyTango
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
isn't there a phone [cr]app setting to auto-magically prepend usa/+1 to 10-digit phone calls (manually dialed &/or stored contacts)? no usa call without +1, manually or auto-magically pre-pended, will go through on any carrier.

if all other area codes work as 10-digit-only as dialed, you might want to backp/export all contacts, then delete all data in phone & contacts [cr]apps, force stop both [cr]apps, then restore/import contacts. that might fix possible in-[cr]app data corruption & restore callability of 402.

you'll need to manually recreate [cr]app settings.

if still nojoy, then xfinity needs to TRIPLE CHECK that there are no AC402 blocks on your account.
0 Likes
userTP7WiEFGhf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
a LšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ‘Øā€šŸ‘¦
0 Likes