JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Updates switch my "phone call" app from Samsung to Google and can't switch it back?

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 10:33 AM)
Russell20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Latest set of updates switched my "phone call" app from Samsung to Google. The Google app is incompatible with this phone. I can't open the Samsung "call" app, only the "phone"(Google) app is on screen. I restarted the phone. I can't fix it. Any help? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Russell20 This is not part of the update from Samsung. Try booting in safe mode and then see if you can open the Samsung phone app. It sounds like a 3rd party software may have caused this to happen. If you can do it in safe mode, you know that some 3rd party software is causing it. 

To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Russell20 This is not part of the update from Samsung. Try booting in safe mode and then see if you can open the Samsung phone app. It sounds like a 3rd party software may have caused this to happen. If you can do it in safe mode, you know that some 3rd party software is causing it. 

To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

0 Likes
Russell20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
When I went to the "call" app (samsung) I removed latest update the app dissapears from my app list. Still only have that Google phone app that the phone says is incompatible. I can't find the "call" app in the samsung store
0 Likes
Russell20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
There's something wrong with the "calls" update. I deleted the update. It is the primary phone app but is asking for the update that removes it for the Google app. The calls app is malfunctioning in its present state
0 Likes
Russell20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Your latest update really messes my phone up. I had to delete and reload email to get it to synch due to your changes in power savings. Plus the phone keypad is toast. No buttons to mute, turn on or hang up..
0 Likes