JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Verizon basic visual voicemail doesn't work on the Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-21-2022 01:26 PM)
ihatebixby
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Basic visual voicemail doesn't work on the Galaxy S22 Ultra. It worked just fine on my old Galaxy Note 9. After *many* hours and chats with Verizon they have advised me that Samsung working on a software update which is apparently news to Samsung since support told me yesterday that there is nothing Samsung can do. Verizon is a big name provider and this issue isn't rocket science. So why hasn't it been fixed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey! I had a similar issue. Here's what helped me. Forget about talking to Verizon. They were totally useless. Instead log on to your My Verizon, disable Voicemail and then re-enable it again. Restart your phone after you disabled it, wait for a few minutes, then re-enable vm, restart your phone again.

View solution in context

11 Replies
MaxwellSmart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Visual voicemail is a CARRIER FEATURE. Samsung basically supports the app. If you're having issues with it responsibly lies with Verizon.
0 Likes
ihatebixby
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I understand that the feature is provided by Verizon, but what good is a costly phone that can't access voicemail without issues, especially when the previous Samsung model (older than dirt) worked fine with Verizon visual voicemail? Same carrier, same visual voicemail, different phone.
groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

But it's the app that has gone missing from my phone. It was a galaxy app already on my phone. 

MaxwellSmart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you taken the phone into a Verizon Store to have someone look at it. I get it, you're an experienced user and know the settings and how to set them.

Every once in a while we're forced to do the unthinkable, seek assistance from another set of eyes. While aggravating we're forced to do things we don't like doing every now and then.
ihatebixby
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No snark intended, but I assumed that in writing to this community forum that's what I was doing... seeking assistance from other sets of eyes. I wasn't even forced, I'm here willingly. Although at this point I do admit to being aggravated.
EdMon
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

You are correct in asking, unfortunately we have here some damage control posters that live of attacking posters like you with problems and always try shifting the blame to elsewhere but the Samsung phones...not so SMART Max, I cannot believe you are here 24/7 for ...free.  I had the same problem with the S22 Ultra, and never had a problem with my old S20 ULTRA, so...is not really the carrier total fault, but the inability of Samsung to make a new product compatible with simple things out of box, you need look for apps to implement their poor performance, you have to tweak here and there, Bluetooth failures, crashing apps., sticking keys, very poor service reception, not global service and goes on and on

Unhappy Galaxy S22 ULTRA - For  those that come here just to throw a stone instead simply help about your experience, please , just go away

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey! I had a similar issue. Here's what helped me. Forget about talking to Verizon. They were totally useless. Instead log on to your My Verizon, disable Voicemail and then re-enable it again. Restart your phone after you disabled it, wait for a few minutes, then re-enable vm, restart your phone again.
RaeRae521
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This worked for me after weeks spent without any help from Verizon so thank you!
Rachie
0 Likes
groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have that option with my carrier, US Mobile.
0 Likes