Original topic:

SMS Voice/Messenger Vocal message issues since the latest update on my S22 Ultra (February 2024 update)

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 05:35 PM)
Lewis777
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Since the latest update on my S22 Ultra (Febuary 2024 update)
Every message over 30 seconds are not working, its very frustrating.
It happens with SMS voice message and also in Messenger vocal message.

Other message less than 30 seconds no issues.

I Also found this Reddit Thread of other users having the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/facebookmessenger/comments/1awjel5/voice_clips_longer_than_30_seconds_both_...

My phone was just factory reset before this update and got no issue at all but right after the Feb update its giving me this very frustrating issue.

hope this will be fixed soon

48 Replies
userqSoPKjP5VI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm also having this issue with my Gazy S22

Members_Ms14VCJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have also been having this issue with my S22 Ultra across all apps that has voice clip capabilities. 

userrykA8QXREj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am also having this same issue

user9QUcbChnOs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same message problem since the update. PLUS NOW my phone will not connect to any service. I was told it was my sim card, that i needed an updated plan, to restart my phone šŸ˜”, that coverage in my area was bad, yada yada yada. Samsung sent me to an authorized repair place and they said they could order parts that MIGHT fix it. Oh and parts will take a few days. But Samsung is not covering said parts. I have been pro-samsung for years - but this experience is pushing me to join team iphone.
Lewis777
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yeah it did the same for my phone two months ago, the antenna just died after 1.5 year using it. At first I swapped the Simcard for a new one as well but it did not work. Luckily in where I am in Canada we got something that cover these type of issues while an item is still under contract and it got repaired for free at Samsung. They replaced the Motherboard, Charging port and the two Antenna.

Now I'm having issue with this update so I can't enjoy my phone like I want to.

Thinking of iPhone too to be honest.... šŸ˜ž

user9QUcbChnOs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My work phone is also an android - but not the Ultra. Zero issues. Thank goodness I have an alternate phone so that while traveling for work, my family can contact me if needed. I've had to move personal apps to my work phone so that I can access my boarding pass, rent my car, unlock my hotel room...yall get the picture. Clearly, Samsung does not.

Unfortunately, I am still under contract BUT out of warranty. šŸ«¤
sdmelody1784
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Me too, and I don't finish paying the S22 ultra off until next year šŸ˜Ŗ
Zinebm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue, cannot play audios of more than 30 sec after the last system update of end of february

Samsung s22

Anne-Marie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue after the update. I rely heavily on voice notes because I have a vision disability that effects looking at the screen and typing out messages.

It's happening across all apps -  text, Facebook messenger, etc. 

I've very stressed because some of these notes are very important  work and school related. 

Samsung please give us a fix asap!! It's clearly an issue with the update because the problem never happened before then. 

Please help!!!