Original topic:

What's the Newest Update?

(Topic created: Friday)
Options
Galaxy S22

I read that I should download a new update 4.5.80.2 on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. Is this true and what is it? Also, of it is in the Galaxy Store, what is it called?

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry but you would need to provide a lot more details. Especially the name of the app.
Options
Galaxy S22
It didn't give the name of the app that was part of my question.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
There literally 1000s of apps.
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay. Thank you.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

If there is an app on your phone that needs an update, it will update automatically, unless you have auto updates turned off.  You can see if you have any updates waiting in the Galaxy store, by opening the app, tapping the menu on the bottom right, and then looking to see if there is a numbered badge over the updates icon. If the badge is showing, that's the number of updates you have and you can click on that and see what they are and download the updates manually if you want.  The process is similar in the Play store.  Open the Play store, click on your initial/avatar, click on manage apps & device, and you will see if there are any updates pending.

Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you
0 Likes
stylishg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yours is the first post I have read this morning that I understand so I am reaching out to you. I am 78 years old and far beyond most of what's going on here now. Last night my Galaxy 22 was updated. I didn't know I had a choice and now I don't understand anything. I'm afraid to touch any of the buttons because I don't know what they mean and I'm trying to figure out where to move my contact list because it tells me I have to move them to my safe place. Well where the **bleep** is that? I am at a complete loss and don't know where to go to get information on this new update and what it all means. Can you help me?
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

What do you mean your phone was updated? The phone itself or some apps? I never heard of an update telling you to move contacts to a safe space, although it is a good idea to back them up before an update. Did the phone actually update, or the update was downloaded but not yet installed? Even an automatic update won't install without user input unless you postponed it 3 times. The only choice you have in not updating is to take it off auto update and just check for updates manually. What phone do you have? Instructions for saving your contacts would depend on whether or not you have an SD card or not. In any case, you can move all your contact to Google contacts, or you can download them as a text file which can then be reimported should your contacts be affected by any update.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I haven't seen an update like that. I am 66 and a lot of these new things confuse me. I've never been asked to move my contacts. You might want to reach out to a moderator or to Samsung Cusyomer Service so they can walk you through telling them what updates are in your phone in case you got a virus or something. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck.
0 Likes