JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't I disable Galaxy store notifications?

(Topic created: 07-09-2024 09:06 PM)
RuggedTheDragon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm tired of seeing these popping up on my phone, but the ability to get rid of the notifications is not present whatsoever. I don't want forced advertisements on my phone.
4 Replies
DMaha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Open settings, search for notificatio s, scroll through apps to find Galaxy Store, then deselect the button
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
The agreement states that because Samsung offers free services, in return, there will be ads. It's set forth in the lengthy agreement verbiage we all digitally acknowledged and probably never read. I never see any ads or pop-ups ever, maybe first clear the cache of the store.
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
That's funny. Yeah, but the agreement is really long to read, and I don't understand all the technical terms, so it wasn't easy to read. I just skimmed it to be candid. Ads can be annoying, but I believe they serve a major role in generating revenue to keep TV stations up and running, as well as radio stations. You can always use your phone and get Spotify to listen in your car that is ad free. I don't even have a TV, lol. I can watch Samsung TV on my phone, though. I'm just curious what your ads say because I never get any.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to notification settings, advanced, then scroll to the bottom and toggle on "manage notification categories for each app". That gives the controls back to turn notifications on or off by category.