JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why purchase the GALAXY S22 ULTRA when it's obsolete in a year?

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 10:24 AM)
gecko6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

. . .  please chime in

why should i purchase  [ for ex. ]  samsung galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone  [ 5G ]  . .   and then  [ 6G ]  services come out a year later   ?     am i really blind to the fact that 6G wont be prevalent or ready in a year .   Its so maddening when we purchase technologies ,   only to be replaced a year later .    comments welcome .   too bad ,  so sad .    The other option is to go without  ! 

0 Likes
3 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
5g hasn't even finished its rollout. The carriers are saying they have coverage but my phone is constantly switching between 5g and 4g. Even well known reviewers like MKBHD (10+ million subscribers on YouTube) say don't buy into the 5G hype yet. I would not expect 6G to come out next year-or even in the next few years. At this point it's good to have a phone that supports 5G since it is rolling out. You also have to remember there's always gonna be something better, if you wait till next year than the year after that something better will come out.
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
6g isn't even close to being a thing. 5g isn't everywhere yet. Where are u basing this information from. I guess don't ever buy something new cause in 5 years something new will be out by then
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

You may have your WiFi and Cellular mixed up here.  It is so easy to do, but 5g WiFi is completely different from 5g.  I am not aware of 6G (cellular) yet, but the S22 line is WiFi 6, and even 6e (in the 6 GHz range) compatible.