JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi won't automatically connect

(Topic created: 01-30-2023 06:15 AM)
STodd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My wifi always shuts off and won't automatically connect any longer. Any way to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello STodd , welcome to the Samsung community!  I understand you are having trouble automatically connnecting to Wifi. The adaptive Wifi feature automatically remembers the wireless router you use frequently and enables Wi-Fi when you go near the wireless router. To ensure the adaptive Wi-Fi feature is on follow the  following steps: 

Step 1: Open the Settings app 
Step 2: Go to Connections.
Step 3: Select Wi-Fi.
Step 4: Click on the three-dot menu at the top.
Step 5: Next, click on Advanced.
Step 6: Select on Turn on Wi-Fi automatically toggle.
In this menu you will see the saved Wi-Fi connections on the phone.
Your phone  recognizes these saved Wi-Fi connections, and it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically when it goes near the wireless router.

The adaptive Wi-Fi feature works even if your location is off on your phone. 
If your device is in Flight mode or does not have a SIM card, it will not function.
Remember it can take two or three days for the device to remember a specific wireless router as a frequently used wireless router.

Please note if you manually turn Wi-Fi off near a frequently used wireless router, Wi-Fi will turn on again only if you leave the area and come back close to that wireless router.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not work attempt to place your unit in safe mode to rule out any third party app causing an issue: 
Find the steps to Safe Mode in this link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

I would also recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition store temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Back up data on the internal memory. 
With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you see the Android system recovery menu options.
Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.
Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice if prompted.
When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.

Rebooting your phone will help it reconnect to the cell network and can clear up any temporary app issues that may be stopping messsages.

Swipe down from the top of the phone with two fingers to open Quick settings.
Tap the Power icon.
Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again.

Lastly, I would recommend submitting an error report if none of the above steps worked. 
1.Open the Samsung Members app
2.Click on Support in lower right
3.Scroll down and click on Error reports
4.Fill out the details to submit your report. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure if this will be the only solution but I would check to make sure the auto connect is turned on in the settings for the wifi, and also verify that wifi and Bluetooth scanning is enabled so it can know that the network is close and connect to it, hope that will help some
STodd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you, I double checked all those settings.
0 Likes
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Resetting your router may help. Unplug it and plug it back in.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello STodd , welcome to the Samsung community!  I understand you are having trouble automatically connnecting to Wifi. The adaptive Wifi feature automatically remembers the wireless router you use frequently and enables Wi-Fi when you go near the wireless router. To ensure the adaptive Wi-Fi feature is on follow the  following steps: 

Step 1: Open the Settings app 
Step 2: Go to Connections.
Step 3: Select Wi-Fi.
Step 4: Click on the three-dot menu at the top.
Step 5: Next, click on Advanced.
Step 6: Select on Turn on Wi-Fi automatically toggle.
In this menu you will see the saved Wi-Fi connections on the phone.
Your phone  recognizes these saved Wi-Fi connections, and it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically when it goes near the wireless router.

The adaptive Wi-Fi feature works even if your location is off on your phone. 
If your device is in Flight mode or does not have a SIM card, it will not function.
Remember it can take two or three days for the device to remember a specific wireless router as a frequently used wireless router.

Please note if you manually turn Wi-Fi off near a frequently used wireless router, Wi-Fi will turn on again only if you leave the area and come back close to that wireless router.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not work attempt to place your unit in safe mode to rule out any third party app causing an issue: 
Find the steps to Safe Mode in this link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

I would also recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition store temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Back up data on the internal memory. 
With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you see the Android system recovery menu options.
Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.
Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice if prompted.
When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.

Rebooting your phone will help it reconnect to the cell network and can clear up any temporary app issues that may be stopping messsages.

Swipe down from the top of the phone with two fingers to open Quick settings.
Tap the Power icon.
Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again.

Lastly, I would recommend submitting an error report if none of the above steps worked. 
1.Open the Samsung Members app
2.Click on Support in lower right
3.Scroll down and click on Error reports
4.Fill out the details to submit your report. 

0 Likes