JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

eSIM for my device

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 11:05 PM)
chelle69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I noticed earlier when locating my device IMEI # that I have two. 1st onethat came with device and a second one which is an eSIM IMEI #. Why would I have two. I didn't set up an eSIM for this device. When I go to SIM manager settings it's grayed out and I'm unable to access any info regarding the eSIM. Does anyone have any idea why I would have two? When I didn't set up the eSIM one? 

3 Replies
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
The phone supports two SIMS, one physical and one ESIM. perfectly normal and you can't modify the ESIM unless you have your carrier change you to the electronic version which has to be pushed to the phone.
Solution
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello, @chelle69. Modern phones, including Samsung phones, have the ability to connect to two networks at the same time. This is where an eSIM comes in. An eSIM allows you to use a different network other than your primary one that comes with the physical SIM card, and it comes already "installed" on the phone software-wise. So if you have a physical SIM card registered to, say, Verizon, an eSIM will let you have a second number registered to, say, AT&T or Verizon, too. An eSIM allows you to register to a network with a number without having a physical SIM card present. The eSIM is greyed out because, like you said, you haven't registered a second number electronically, and until you do, it will remain greyed out. Generally speaking, the first IMEI is the official one for your phone, so don't worry about the second eSIM and its IMEI. If your physical SIM card breaks, you can call your network and request an eSIM activation with the same number, and they will oblige with instructions on how to start it up and running immediately so that way you don't have to trouble yourself running around to get another physical SIM or waiting for one from your carrier to be delivered to you. Hope this helps.
chelle69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you!!