Original topic:

Battery Drains During Gaming While Plugged In (100 Watts)

(Topic created: Tuesday)
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

This may need more technical assistance than the forums and community support but imma put it here for a bit. You know how Samsung has a feature where the phone stops charging when gaming to "prevent overheating" (or something like that). Well, it stops charging alright, but it's not supposed to be draining the battery. It does. It shouldn't. This has been a problem where I assume that the battery is not draining but it is, and it goes on to die mid-game while in online fps game (CODM). 

I forgot how to turn that feature off. Also, Samsung get your stuff together. It's embarrassing to have a half phone where it looks good on the outside and it's bad on the inside. Do better. Complete each feature you make. 
13 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
So you are saying that its suppose to be running on a charger but not actually charging?
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Correct. That's the feature.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I never knew the S23 had that, now I do
0 Likes
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the ultra. Maybe it does on the S23.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh mines the ultra also
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried a different charger, I know you said you had a 100watt and it says 25watts or higher, but it may not like that 100watt charger, or it could be COD, idk if it works on all games or just games through gaming hub
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah. It's a new thing it does. It hadn't done it before, but recently, and I don't know why, it has.
0 Likes
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Another thing that I don't like is that when recording the game, the phone heats up, and the optimization starts, changing the whole sensitivity and refresh rate like crazy. It evens drops frames on me; I seem to be teleporting.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Teleporting, reminds me of the counter strike days on 56k modems