JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Big dead spot in screen using the s pen

(Topic created: 02-18-2023 03:17 PM)
min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

S23 ultra screen issues.  Big dead spot in screen using the s pen.  

Any resolve for this? Brand new phone. Replaced it once and same issue on second phone.

Regular case, nothing magnetic. 

Any help would be great.
27 Replies
BigVato757
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you went into device care and did the diagnostic test on everything . It has one that test the screen out.
0 Likes
min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. Screen works fine other than that spot with pen
BigVato757
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Might be the s pen that could be messed up if it passed to touch screen test . I'm sure could send you another one if you asked I haven't experienced this issue with my s23 ultra
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@min88 Does your case have a magnetic on it? Magnets will affect S Pen operation. 

min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No
0 Likes
lobo956
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Appreciate the comment that was the issue on mine. Have the Steelie Magnet on my case and was causing S pen problems
0 Likes
Iamigglie4u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine does the exact same thing & has for over a year now. It's extremely annoying!
_Sara_
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Which model?
xkhx
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
This probably has nothing to do with it but somewhere in Accessibility there are those functions meant to help people with different types of disabilities and somewhere in there, you're able to select a certain spot on your screen that can not be effected by touch. (Idk if it's also for s-pen usage though)
I see you said you completely replaced the phone, I'm just wondering is it possible that somehow you accidentally set that up, but then planned to get a new phone so backed up your data, which saves all your settings and such, then restored everything on the new phone, thus activating that setting back on. Sounds like a long shot, I know. I only bring it up bc myself and friends have fallen asleep with phones in our hands plenty of times just to find out some time later some settings were changed that we know nothing about lol.

This probably didn't help but it's my two cents.
Hope you find the solution!