Original topic:

Blocking Spam Calls

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 06:06 PM)
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How can I block spam calls?

I did go to the phone dialer. Press menu upper right hand corner. Pressed settings. Block numbers. Block calls from unknown numbers, But spam calls are still getting through.

I also tried:
Open the Phone app.
Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner and tap Settings.
Tap Caller ID & Spam in the Assistive section.
Toggle on Filter spam calls to start blocking spam calls automatically.

But there was no 
Caller ID & Spam in the Assistive section
15 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Which carrier do you have and what is your device model number/name in Settings>About phone?
0 Likes
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
ATT
Samsung S23Ultra
Model name
SM-S918U
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for that information. Would you also be able to upload a screenshot of where these settings are missing from? I'm unsure what you are referring to by "assistive section." Are you referring to what I have circled in my screenshot?

Screenshot_20230926_191256_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I am referring to what you circled. Screenshot_20230926_210525_Call settings.jpg
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have contacted AT&t and now I am using their Active Armor, which seems to be working. But I am curious why I can't find caller ID and spam protection.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry for the delay, I had some work to take care of. AT&T, and many other carriers, often have their own Spam/Security software. Since your device is carrier locked (AKA running carrier firmware) then this is the reason you're missing the option. I'm glad Active Armor seems like it's working! 🙂
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Nothing is fool proof telemarketers robo callers and scammers find ways to bypass these things
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. It is a shame. If a call is identified as a spam risk why can't it just be blocked?

I am curious why I can't find caller ID and spam Protection under the phones settings.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
As an AT&T customer you have access to their Active Armor app, which I've found to be very helpful in blocking these calls.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobilesecurity
0 Likes