JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Top speaker stopped working on media

(Topic created: 09-27-2023 08:09 AM)
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

My top or ear speaker stop working on YouTube, music etc etc, in calls sound great.

Dolby Atmos is ON.

Any clue or idea? 

Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok...I started with the simplest recommended, turning off the phone and giving it a clear cache partition, I went to YouTube, Instagram, Samsung Music etc etc etc and now it is working perfectly. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Is it completely off like absolutely zero sound comes out? Or is it muffled or crackly or any type of sound come out at all? This is very important that you know the difference if it's completely absolutely silent or there's a slight hum or just weird frequency noises any kind of noise whatsoever come out of that top speaker?
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Is completely OFF, any sound...but, in calls sound perfect.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Kindly try these steps. You will lose zero data. With the phone off, press + hold volume up and power buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm. On the original menu, use volume keys and navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all the apps on the device. Any change? If not, in the Samsung Members app's Support tab under Phone diagnostics, find the test for the speaker. Does it pass?
Solution
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok...I started with the simplest recommended, turning off the phone and giving it a clear cache partition, I went to YouTube, Instagram, Samsung Music etc etc etc and now it is working perfectly. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.