JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera SHUTTER SOUND - CHANGED

(Topic created: a week ago)
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Once again, software updates mess around with settings! Years ago we had CHOICES for camera shutter sounds, and they forced us to ONE SOUND for awhile now- and it was the "normal SLR shutter sound," which was good. Right? Well, NOW the sound is a stupid "WhooHoo" ding-dong type sound! Pisses me off!!! At least give us a choice like before! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

It's not that serious but you wanna come into the community type in all caps and bold and then refuse the help that's provided. - I think you may need to go check the "New Here" post the mods did, because I don't think you understand that this is not a complaint board. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@JoJo4360 Sorry but you have installed some 3rd party software which is causing that sound. My S23 Ultra still has the "normal SLR shutter sound".

As a troubleshooting step, you could boot into safe mode. If the shutter sound is normal while booted in safe mode, you know definitely it is caused by 3rd party software. 

If you are unable to determine and disabled/uninstall the 3rd party software you could try these steps.

You could try resetting the Camera settings. Open the Camera. Click the gear icon. Click on Reset settings.

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I didn't even think of that. I will definitely get with that troubleshoot. 😊
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not serious, but it seems like regulation for app developers is needed. Ya know, after writing that, it doesn't seem such a bad idea. Lol
0 Likes
SMASNUG100
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
There already is but it's really lax
0 Likes
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

It's not that serious but you wanna come into the community type in all caps and bold and then refuse the help that's provided. - I think you may need to go check the "New Here" post the mods did, because I don't think you understand that this is not a complaint board. 

JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes I agree with you, and you're right. I'm sorry. I will do my best to change my ways. I really get so frustrated with, to me are meaningless changes that mess me up. But you are sooooo right. Thank you for calling me on it
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Sir, you have helped me by your comment to me more than you know. Thanks again.
0 Likes