Original topic:

Can't Install Game

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 04:22 PM)
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,

I am totally new to cell phones. I got my wife and S23+ and she would like to play some games on it. I managed to load Solitaire but every other game we try to install won't install. 

The ad picture will come up and have a button that says click to install, but nothing happens. I've even gone to Samsung and Google's play stores and from there I can't get anything to install.

What am I missing?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for the reply.  I just figured out that the account to get to the forum is the same as the Samsung account, mystery solved there. 

We are both new to cell phones and we each got a phone at the same time.  Hers is a S23+ , and I opted for the Flip 5. 

I went into both of them and opened phone settings but there is no Account option to go to manage accounts.

I then went to the Samsung account on my desktop to see if there's a setting in there that might be the one.

It shows two devices that recently signed in, these 2 phones, but it shows nothing registered. I figured the place a bought them from did that automatically.

I tried registering them through the phones but I didn't get that to work, yet

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

See my screenshots Screenshot_20231117_110853_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231117_110903_Settings.jpg

TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for the screen shots.  I was going to the wrong place: I went tyo settings ion the Phone app...

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to support in the Samsung Members App. Register your phone, but you will need the IMEI number, model number, and receipt of purchase. You can also scan the QR code from the box your phone came in. Can you open and use the Galaxy store app? If yes, download Samsung Tutor. They will take over your phone and troubleshoot it with you. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

OK, I found the Store and downloaded  the Tutor.  I might get to 'play' with it today...

0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for all the replies.  I haven't tried anything yet as I was just seeing if there was a reply; I didn't get any email notifications...

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@TwoRails Since you are new to cell phones, let me warn you that you really shouldn't click on ads to download games. These can often be deceptive and can result in you downloading malware. Malware can affect the operation of your phone and compromise the security of your phone. 

If you see a game that looks interesting, open the Play store or Galaxy Store and download the game from there. 

TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

-Thanks.  I will do that.

TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
(Too bad I didn't see the above post first...)  I kind of goofed last night. My better half was playing Solitaire and came across June's Journey game.  I said what the heck and hit Install to see what happens, thinking that nothing would happen as usual. 

That wasn't too bright because it said my purchase was authorized!  I didn't know it was a pay-for game. It never installed that I could tell, but it said it would be available shortly.

That sort of put me in a panic of sorts.

I was able to check this morning with the bank. No strange new charges. So I'm good there.  I opened up a T-Mobile account because you can check charges there.  There were no new charges so I don't know what happened.

There has to be a setting on this thing that I'm missing because I tried to install a Google link for the Google One cloud service and it said it would install shortly. Hours later it's still not installed. 

Any ideas or what it could be?

Thanks
0 Likes
TwoRails
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I apologize for taking so long to get back to this, the things have been really nuts around here lately.