Original topic:

Care+ With Theft S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 06-22-2023 09:00 AM)
user3c2dnMJe4q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Just purchased Care+ in my receipt the following is in email:

IN ORDER FOR YOUR THEFT AND LOSS CLAIM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE, YOU MUST HAVE KNOX GUARD ENROLLED ON YOUR DEVICE. YOU CAN ENROLL BY GOING TO HTTPS://GUARD.SAMSUNGKNOX.COM/ ON YOUR DEVICE AND ENABLING KNOX GUARD. IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL IN KNOX GUARD WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT IN SAMSUNG CARE+ WITH THEFT AND LOSS AND PROVIDE A FULL REFUND OF YOUR PLAN PAYMENT.

When I go to enroll it is using Bluetooth, and says my phone is not registered on the Samsung Knox Protocol. I press continue and it says Bluetooth will be used to connect to Knox development. Then I get can't enroll phone.

The only reason I want Knox so that if my phone is stolen or lost I want it covered.

Any suggestions? Thanks

9 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Knox Guard is for enterprise managed devices. Not sure why they will require that when it's not available to regular customers.
Radiotech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, I bought a new S23 Ultra two weeks ago and have been trying to get an answer from Samsung Care+ ever since I bought the phone.  I tried calling them on the phone and told them that I want to know about the lost and theft coverage.  More specfically details about having to sign-up for KNOX Guard. They were clueless when I asked who is the KNOX Guard Administrator and what are they controlling/monitoring on my phone.  So I then tried to email care+ support.  It took one week for the first reply and they said they can not find my account.  In my original email I clearly stated that this is a pre-purchase question and I replied with that information.  It took almost another week for the second reply.  Then they said yes I have to sign up for KNOX Guard so that they can erase and lock my device if stolen.  It appears Care+ is the admin and they are controlling KNOX.  They did say I would get an email on how to enroll in Knox Guard.  But still does not answer what is being monitored or controlled.  But appears that this is required.  If I don't sign up for KNOX Guard, after 30 days the insurance would be cancelled.  Anyone got the answers to my question?

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Radiotech1 Signing up for Knox guard is only required for commercial devices. It is not required for personal Samsung Care+ plan. The admin would be your company IT staff. 

0 Likes
Radiotech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for replying.  The terms of the Loss and Theft coverage document that Samsung Care+ sent me clearly says it is required and states after 30 days they will cancel the service if not enrolled in Knox Guard.  KNOX Guard is usually for commercial devices, but it sounds like Care+ has their own Knox Guard commericial account and they are adding devices that they insure to their account.  Also, they said that Care+ is the admin.  There was another thread on this board discussing this topic.  The user said the issue was resolved but never detailed how it was resolved.  Do you work for Samsung Care+?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Radiotech1 I don't work for Samsung nor Samsung Care+. I can tell you that I have multiple personal devices enrolled in Care+ and installing KNOX Guard is not a requirement. 

0 Likes
Radiotech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello LongHiker.   Do you have loss and theft coverage on them?

0 Likes
01RC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you asking if you lose your Care+ if not enrolled in Knox Guard? If so, you will still have your Samsung Care+ without Knox Guard by my understanding after the Samsung team members I have spoke to on multiple occasions.
0 Likes
Radiotech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

No I am asking what they are controlling and monitoring with the KNOX Guard.

0 Likes