JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

(Topic created: 04-29-2023 11:32 AM)
Texan007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone experiencing this dns issue on S23 Ultra? When I am on wifi I can't access travel.state.gov site on my phone and it gives me DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. #dns #DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

To get around the problem, I turn off wifi and all works fine on phone. There is no issue with using router connected to desktop. Nothing is blocked at the router either.

So, the question is, why is that the phone is unable to resolve the DNS?

I don’t have private DNS setup and I don’t have VPN setup on the phone either.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
VPN anywhere on your WiFi network? Apparently, cellular connection allows it so there must be a link between you and the site on a restricted address space. You can set your router to use Google DNS address to see if you can connect.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
VPN anywhere on your WiFi network? Apparently, cellular connection allows it so there must be a link between you and the site on a restricted address space. You can set your router to use Google DNS address to see if you can connect.
Texan007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My router has Access Anywhere setting and it is turned on. Changing the router dns setting to use Google dns did solve the problem ( at least for now). Thank you for the suggestion.
Texan007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I checked my router ( netgear m60) DNS setting. It was set to use DNS ip address of my internet provider. Only one ip was configured for DNS at the router. I changed the router dns to use Google dns for primary (8.8.8.8) and secondary (8.8.4.4). Now my wifi has two dns servers pointing to Google dns. That seems to solve the dns issue.