Original topic:

EMERGENCY sharing

(Topic created: yesterday)
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Quick question does this transmit continuous location or just when I call 911?

If it continues constantly to turn on location and bug emergency contacts, I won't use the function.

But if it only turns on when the SOS function is armed then I will use it.
0 Likes
10 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Not sure exactly what you're asking if it's just calls or contacts related to location your contacts shouldn't be affected by location or a 911 call or emergency alert nor fo they get your location unless you permit location in a pp gir example in general it's good practice to keep location off
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Was trying to make sure it didn't continually transmit my location to relatives.

I have physical health issues, I wanted to know if it continually transmitted the location or only when I called 911.

I got my answer and made sure it's shut off.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
No worries it doesn't transmit location to any contacts or others
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
It sent tracking links to my emergency contacts when I turned it on, so I just shut it off.

I will have a friend who is an EMT look at the settings.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
No, and it is only supposed to be shared with 3 contacts you have specifically chosen from your contact list and only when you activate it. If the area you are in is e911 capable which is about I believe 80% of the US mail, then your phone will share your GPS location with 911. But only when you dial 911.
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I already have it deactivated.

It was 4 contacts that I had in emergency contacts.

The entire US is supposed to be e911 compatible.
Options
Galaxy S23
I stopped paying attention to it a couple of years ago, so I lost track šŸ¤¦ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I think I got it set correctly now under the emergency SOS there is an option to send the SOS to the emergency contacts as well as 911
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok it could be a app you have that is doing that which can adjust in app permissions but the contact list in the phone or message list won't in settings goto apps than goto the app that permissions to remove location
0 Likes