JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge handle folders keep crashing

(Topic created: 08-20-2023 09:11 PM)
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
S23 ultra. After trying the 6.0UI beta and then rolling back to 5.1 via Smart Switch and downgrade option, whenever I try opening a folder on my edge handle, the handle just freezes and crashes. All other edge icons work except folders.

I've tried wiping data partition already and clearing edge handle cache but that doesn't fix the problem.
0 Likes
8 Replies
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. I couldn't find the "Edge Panel" under apps, so I couldn't clear cache that way. But when I try opening a folder in the edge panel, it crashes and I have the option to select app info or send diagnostics. I selected app info and I was able to clear cache from there.
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Well I just tried this but it didn't fix the problem. Screenshot_20230820_211104_One UI Home.jpg
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just cleared edge panel cache and data, powered off, powered into recovery and wiped cache partition and rebooted. Still the same problem.
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just have the Smart Select and Apps panels checked.

I don't know what's wrong. This is a fresh install from Smart Switch.

What does "repair apps" do in the recovery mode? Can that fix it?
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Just tried it. Still crashes. Now I'm frustrated.
0 Likes
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Is it something I can do myself? Is there a link to instructions?

Also, will factory resetting my phone just reload the same problem?
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

You could try factory resetting, it may work. I don't want to give you too much hope in that regard though because, if the underlying issue is some sort of problem reverting the OS, it isn't likely that this step would change anything. It can't really hurt at this point, especially if you use edge panels on a regular basis. Reflashing the OS isn't something you should do yourself, but it is possible with Odin. 

0 Likes
usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for your help. That's the last time I'm trying a beta update.