JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy AI and recent changes

(Topic created: a month ago)
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I want to turn off all Galaxy AI things. Why must these features be disabled individually?

Additonally, with the navigation bar, why were the "Recent Apps" and "Back" Swipe Gestures removed?

Is there a way to reenable those Swipe Gestures?

Can I reenable the "Hold Home for Google Assitant" option?

I do not like these changes in the recent update, and strongly dislike that the old options were removed entirely.

22 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

To turn the AI off open your phone settings and scroll down to Advanced Features  then Advanced intelligence and click each one and toggle off 

The Navigation bar you need to download the newest version of Navstar inside of Goodlock and toggle on show extra gestures and then exit goodlock and go to your phone settings - Navigation bar and setup the old style gestures 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I understand how to turn off the AI features individually. My question was why MUST they be disabled indiviually? Why can we not turn off Galaxy AI as a whole?

I need to download a 3rd party app to get back settings that used to exist in my phone natively?

Would this 3rd party app also allow me to reenable the Google Assistant gesture I mentioned?

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

You would have to disable the Circle to search and I'm not sure since I haven't used the google hold for years my google works with voice in settings it shows you have to toggle on assistant app and that will be the new version of it swipe inwards from the bottom corner for the google app 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have already disabled that. As I am sure it is clear, I do not want to use any of the AI features, so I quickly disabled what I could. It did not grant the option to use the gesture as I have previously. 

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

The only way to get the old gestures back is to download Goodlock by Samsung and Navstar 

userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Good to know that Samsung is taking away settings and customisation features. I wonder what they will take away next.

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

The Navigation bar was made by Google since it is there software Goodlock Navstar is Samsungs work around so people could have the old style gestures back

0 Likes
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Was it not a Samsung Update that just removed my customisation options though? And Goodlock Navstar does not appear to be made by Samsung, so they should not receive the credit for providing the work around.

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

It was a Samsung update built off of Google software