Original topic:

Gallery folders are getting smaller

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 06:43 PM)
Sflboxter
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

It boggles my mind. Why is it that every time I go through my gallery it is getting smaller? I've created folders for the second and third time re. edit them, but the gallery constantly deletes everything. I don't get it. why? Who decided the gallery knows better about my pictures than me? It's certainly not like I have thousands of photographs and I'm out of space. I have lost hundreds of pictures. Work-related images I need. I just got off a 45 minute call with the text service at Samsung. Did it help? I don't know. I couldn't understand half of his English but whatever, one issue is still there Letting me know that it's accomplished something. like deleting emails .Or something was saved in a draft.It's still sits on my screen for a minute and a 1/2 two minutes before deciding to disappear. I am holding my breath because the cursor which tends to resemble a Mexican jumping.Bean seems to have quieted down for the moment.It's not all over the place as i edited this. Going back to re-read what I had written I see that I needed to do some corrections. I'm happy to report the cursor is not jumping all over the place. That's one good thing.

8 Replies
LunaRoseIllGraphix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you check archive? It could also be thag its ba~cking your photos up on a cloud and deleting from your device because you havent opened them for a while. If thats the cas and you find the on the cloud just make them available off line. i hahte this part of it. I usually pause all back ups and jjst do them manually but if its in archive check yojr gallary
0 Likes
Sflboxter
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I didn't know there was an archive, but it shouldn't matter if I didnt look at them for a bit. Some images are for work. So I may not look at them daily, I'm glad Google has them stored and easy to get to. I learned a long time ago, to back things up.
Options
Galaxy S23
Unlocked hidden features.
Anyone guess top 3 2 out off 3.
Buenas noches.
0 Likes
Ebak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung should be sued in court for making a photo app that deleats personal photos.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

A large group of people do not know what the gallery app is doing, so I will try and explain.  When first launched the Pictures option is selected at the bottom.  What this does is cause the app to locate any and all photos located on the device, regardless of the actual folder they are stored in.  If images are copied and pasted from this folder to a new one, then they will exist in both places, and the gallery will show both.  If they are then deleted using the same view, then they may be being deleted from the new folder that they were copied to, as opposed to the originating folder.  if this folder is also then cleaned, the photo is removed from the device, and can only be restored.  The best solution to this is to select Albums at the bottom, as then all photos are shown to exist in the folder or album that they are actually in.

I do not backup my photos to the cloud, and have never lost a single one.  I have photos on my S24 Ultra that were taken with my Note 2, as I have manually copied them from one device to the next.  Loosing photos is usually caused by turning on the cloud backup then deleting the photos, then loosing the cloud, or by accidental deletion due to not understanding that the "pictures" tab at the bottom shows all pictures on the device, regardless of location..

0 Likes
Ebak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My google photos works perfectly, never deleats anything, while samsung gallery continues to shrink all on its own. Unfortunately, to use anything on Facebook from Google photos is a real pain. But there must be a way to set google photos as my primary photo app, and dump samsung gallery.
0 Likes
Sflboxter
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank u for explaining this much better then samsung did. They kept reaching out to me at the worst times to check if I still needed help. I finally just started going to Google photos
0 Likes
Ebak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When I take a pic of something, it's automatically placed in Samsung Gallery, and Google Photos. Google Photos keeps the pic right there forever, as it should. Go to Samsung Gallery later on and try and locate it, and that's a gamble at best. Samsung Gallery seems to delete photos at random. This is not right as some photos are extremely important. 😡
0 Likes