Original topic:

Gallery stories turning off error

(Topic created: Wednesday)
EnosianPrime
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So I had posted about how I can't turn off the stories that are made automatic. And that post of mine was removed. I was then told the answer was on another post. I looked at that post. The answer there doesn't fix my issue. It says it is on. I goto select to turn it off but it says it is off.
0 Likes
8 Replies
sugarcake
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Error for turning off automatic stories.
0 Likes
EnosianPrime
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. I would have to agree to the customization services to turn it on just to turn it off. I don't agree with that service
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

If you won't agree to services that make the thing you want to work, don't expect the thing you want to work to work.

What is your objection to customization service? It just lets you make customizations to your phone - it doesn't do anything automatically.

0 Likes
EnosianPrime
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't want it to work. I don't want to use it. Why would I want it to work. It is working, and I can't turn it off. I never agreed to the services, and it is working. I don't want it working.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

You will be able to turn it off if you allow customization. I never turned stories on or off, and I don't get bothered by it--i guess it must be off by default. As a matter of fact, if I go to my stories tab, there is nothing there.

0 Likes
EnosianPrime
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I never agreed to the services
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

I have customization service on, and not once--ever has a story been made from my photos.  So, honestly, I don't know what setting, specifically, you are referring to as having stories automatically created. 

I never even went into my gallery settings before today (on any phone ever), because there was no need to. If my gallery is supposed to be automatically creating stories, then it's not doing it. Which is fine by me--like you, I hate stories and if I wanted to create one, I would do it myself.

However, the stories (if they are created) are in their own separate tab, which you never have to see if you don't want to.

But, you might have to agree to customization services, just to be able to turn the customization off.

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

Go to settings/general management/customization services and then turn it on.  Then go turn off the customizations for apps you don't want it on for.